Monday 16 March 2009

A bit about the blogger!

Hi there!

My name is Nikki and I run Mums & Dads Unite Thanet Website, Forum and Blog.

I am currently a 26 year old mum to a boy who is nearly 7 years old and am due a baby in July '09.

I live with my partner and we enjoy family time, going to church, hanging out with friends and all things fun! (Within reason hehe!)

I am a a qualified childcare and education practitioner and have experience in working with families which I enjoyed deeply. I also volunteer at various places in Thanet.

I am having a little break at the mo as pregnancy has slowed me down lol

I decide to set up Mums and Dads Unite Thanet as I found there was not a lot of info for parents and carers on the web that was up to date and easy to find in one place. Using the contacts I had made through work I started a website (had to learn how to start one as had never made one before! hehe!) Eventually the website I was using became unable to cope with the amount of info I was placing on it so I invested in another web builder that could cope.

I cannot believe how large the website has become and every day there are new services, organisations wanting to add their info to spread the word to parents and carers in Thanet.

So far to date roughly 700-800 parents/carers are connected to MADU Thanet by various ways and this is continuously growing. (How Fab!)

Have just set up the new forum for parents and carers which I am trying to get kick started so it becomes a community for us all to post and discuss things related to parenting/caring and thanet life. You can join us by clicking here!

Anyhow it's great to see that it is all worth it and that it's helping in one way or another.

Just want to say a big Thank you to all those who have helped to make Mums and Dads Unite what it is today!

I am still running MADU voluntaraly but have kindly been offered office space by Global Generation who amongst other things offer Thanet Youth events such as Pipeline!

This helps greatly and then I just use the computer at home to do the rest of the work and researching etc...

Anyhow have waffled enough for now so will say bye and hope you enjoy all that MADU has to offer!

Nikki :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment